To protect the health of our School Community and per the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services on October 6, 2020, St. Michael Catholic School will provide Public Notice to our School Community regarding School Associated Cases of COVID-19. Within 24 hours of being notified of a School Associated Case by Wayne County Health Department, this dashboard will be updated to include new and cumulative COVID-19 case counts. Individuals identified as Close Contacts of School Associated Cases will be notified separately and directly by Wayne County Health Department.
Updated: October 22, 2021
School Associated COVID-19 Cases
The Wayne County Health Department made us aware of the following case counts of School Associated Cases of COVID-19 amongst the St. Michael Catholic School Community. This data may include probable and confirmed cases as reported by Wayne County Health Department among students, staff, administration, coaches, or visitors, if the person with COVID-19 was in the building or participating in a school-sponsored function during their infectious period.
|Cumulative Cases (since reporting began on 8/26/21)||10|
|Populations Affected||Students and Staff|
Our school will continue to take every precaution necessary. This may include spraying classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed, with a sanitizer, along with other methods of disinfection.
Actions You Can Take
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent hand washing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Stay home if you are awaiting test results.
- Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the School Community who were or are suspected to have been in Close Contact with a School Associated Case will be notified by St. Michael Catholic School and/or Wayne County Health Department.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact the Wayne County Health Department. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.