St. Michael Catholic School’s Preschool program lays the foundation for our youngest students spiritually, academically, and socially. Children grow in a nurturing, loving, faith-filled learning environment that allows them to develop basic skills. Our program follows a developmentally-appropriate curriculum combined with a Catholic background in which the child learns that God loves him/her and has made him/her a special person.
St. Michael Catholic School preschool is a school-year program from September through May.
- Three-year-old preschool is in session three days: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The half-day morning program is from 8:10 AM - 11:00 AM. This preschool program is offered for children who will be three years old by September 1 in the year that they are enrolled.
- Four-year-old preschool is in session five days, Monday through Friday. Half-day morning (8:10 AM - 11 AM) and full-day (8:10 AM - 2:50 PM) programs are available. This preschool program is offered for children who will be four years old by September 1 in the year they are enrolled.
- An Extended Day Program is also offered for the AM for 4 Year Half Day Program. It is offered AM and PM for 4 Year full-day students.
St. Michael Catholic School prepares our preschool students for kindergarten readiness. The goals of our classrooms are to achieve the following:
- Provide a safe and loving atmosphere in which the child can separate from home to school and advocate for his/her own needs while in school.
- Develop knowledge of self, others, and the child’s environment.
- Promote independence and responsibility in the classroom.
- Encourage choice-making, cooperation, and consideration.
- Provide different activities and materials to stimulate each child’s growth in all areas: Language, Math, Reading, Writing, Religion, Large and Fine Motor Skills, Fine Arts, Construction, and Dramatic Play.
For detailed curriculum, please visit Preschool - Get Ready for School
Enrollment for 2023/2024 preschool programs is now open. Our preschool programs are in high demand; we highly suggest scheduling a tour. To schedule a tour or for more information, please visit Visit Our School – Admissions – St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School (livoniastmichael.org)